Glacier Express Brig–Chur.
Through the high Alps in the slowest fast train in the world. The short journey in the Glacier Express between Brig and Chur is an unforgettable experience.
You board the panorama coaches on the Glacier Express in Brig, and travel through Goms up to the Oberalp Pass and on to Disentis, through the impressive Rhine Gorge down to Chur, enjoying one of the most attractive panorama journeys in Switzerland, against a breathtaking mountain backdrop. You pass original countryside, historic hamlets and naturally striking masterpieces of railway architecture.
- A free dish of the day worth CHF 30 (when booking this trip by 31.3.2015: limited to the first 200 bookings).
Offer valid: 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 (except 27.10–12.12.2015).
Travel route: from Brig to Chur (or the reverse).
1st day: individual rail journey from the place of residence to Brig. Overnight stay with breakfast.
2nd day: journey with the Glacier Express in the panorama coach from Brig to Chur. A day travelling across unspoilt mountain landscapes, deep gorges and lovely valleys, through countless tunnels and imposing bridges to Chur. Individual return rail journey from Chur to the place of residence, or an extended stay.
You stay overnight and have breakfast in Brig or Chur in a good 3-star hotel. All rooms have a bath/shower and WC. The hotel name will be given to you with the travel documents.
Our most important partner hotels for this trip.
- 3***: Hotel Ambassador and Hotel Europe Garni.
- 3***: Ambiente Hotel Freieck and Comfort Hotel Post.
Included in the offer.
- Train journey in 2nd class (using the Half-Fare travelcard) from the place of residence to Brig and from Chur back to the place of residence (or the reverse).
- 1 overnight stay with breakfast in the hotel in Brig or Chur.
- Rail journey in the Glacier Express in the 2nd class panorama coach from Brig to Chur (or the reverse).
- Seat reservation in the Glacier Express from Brig to Chur.
- Until 31.3.2015: a free dish of the day worth CHF 30 (limited to the first 200 bookings).
Per person in CHF.
Per person in CHF.
*Children up to 16 years with Junior travelcard.
- Optional cancellation insurance: CHF 25 per person.
- Lean back and enjoy your lunch, freshly prepared in the on-board kitchen of the Glacier Express. The 3-course menu is usually served at your seat. Book this special experience now. Price per person CHF 43.
- Other overnight stays can be booked upon request.
- You may also book the journey in the reverse direction with overnight stay in Chur.
- Choose whether you would like to take the trip on the Glacier Express on the first or second day.
- If you would like to make this trip at short notice (fewer than 3 working days before departure) please book by telephone via the number, 0848 777 077 (local charges).
The price examples are calculated for journeys via the advertised routing. The offer comprises both the outward and return train journey within Switzerland (in 2nd class, with Half-Fare travelcard). Prices include VAT. Prices and product specifications subject to modifications.
Prices effective: 1 December 2014.
In accordance with the applicable statutory provisions, the licensed carriers shall assume liability for any damage in connection with their operations. Any further liability is excluded.
You can book this panorama trip:
- Online (for journeys 14.12.2014–31.3.2015 with overnight stay in Brig).
Online (for journeys 1.4–31.8.2015 with overnight stay in Brig).
Online (for journeys 1.9–26.10.2015 with overnight stay in Brig).
- Online (for journeys 14.12.2014–31.3.2015 with overnight stay in Chur).
Online (for journeys 1.4–31.08.2015 with overnight stay in Chur).
Online (for journeys 1.9–26.10.2015 ith overnight stay in Chur).
- At the STC Service Centre on 0848 777 077 (local charges).
- At the SBB Travel Agency.